Thursday, May 14, 2015

Protecting Children From Sexual Abuse: My Interview with the Assistant District Attorney of Charlotte, NC


My sister-in-law, Kelly Stetzer, shares important information about child abuse and what churches need to know.

Ed Stetzer: What is your experience in dealing with child sexual abuse cases?

Kelly Stetzer: I have been a prosecutor in North Carolina for over fourteen years. For over ten of those years, I have prosecuted child sexual and physical abuse cases exclusively. I have worked with hundreds of families who have been affected by child sexual abuse.

Many of the cases in which I have handled or prosecuted have dealt with child sexual abuse that has either occurred or been disclosed in a school or church setting. In this area of law, prosecutors work closely with experts in this field as part of a multi-disciplinary team, which includes law enforcement, social services, child advocacy centers, medical and mental health providers, the school system and many other partner agencies. Keep reading

Photo credit: Pixabay, public domain

No comments: