Friday, June 26, 2015

5 Early Leadership Mistakes I Made (That You You Don’t Need To)


I love it when leaders share their success stories. It’s great to pick up transferable principles and try to work them into your life.

But there’s a part of me that likes it even more when leaders share their mistakes.

When someone shares their mistakes, I feel like I can relate to them. It reminds me I’m not alone. And it shows me we’re really all in this together.

People admire your strengths, but they resonate with your weaknesses.

So let me share with you some more of my weaknesses as a leader. Some of these mistakes are mistakes I made starting out, and some I still struggle with.

I’ll bet you can relate.

For all five mistakes listed below, I’ve had to adjust the sails and learn new behaviours that make me more effective at what I’m called to do.

The best part, of course, is once you’ve noticed the mistakes you naturally make, you can learn new skills to manoeuvre around them. It’s the self-aware who grow the most.

Here are five leadership mistakes I’ve made that (now) you no longer need to....Keep reading

Also see
The Recurrent Theme in TGC’s Advice to Young Pastors
The second article has links to all the articles in the Gospel Coalition's Young Pastors series.

No comments: