Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Issues in Church Leadership: Two Articles and a Podcast


5 Roadblocks of Good Leadership

I was in a hurry to get to a meeting across town and the traffic was horrible. I decided to take a shortcut. I had been the new way only one other time, but remembered it well enough to believe it would be faster. I turned several streets to navigate through a subdivision, back on to a main road, and then through another subdivision. Just as I was about to get to the road I needed to be on the road was permanently closed to through traffic. It had apparently been closed for some time. Had I checked before attempting to go this direction, probably even long enough for Google maps to pick up on it. I essentially had to completely backtrack and get into the same traffic jam again. Only this time I was even twenty minutes later.

So, much for my shortcut.

It reminded me, however, of something I’ve observed in leadership. There are roadblocks in good leadership too. Keep reading

Eight Things Church Leaders Should Never Say about Leadership Development

What you say about leadership development, even in casual conversations, will inevitably impact the culture you are forming. Because how you speak of leadership development will influence perceptions about developing leaders, here are eight things church leaders should never say (if you think any of them, some rethinking is in order.... Keep reading

The Challenges and Opportunities of Female Leadership – Rainer on Leadership #141 [Podcast]

Today on the podcast, Selma Wilson joins us to discuss the challenges and opportunities women face in leadership. Selma serves as vice president of organizational development at LifeWay Christian Resources and has been with LifeWay for more than 20 years. Keep reading

Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:40 — 21.7MB)

No comments: