Friday, February 19, 2016

The Practice of Preaching: Three Articles


How to Craft a Killer Bottom Line for Your Next Talk

Communicating can be challenging. Communicating effectively is even more difficult. One of the best ways to do that is to develop a killer bottom line. A bottom line is the main point of your talk summed up in a single, memorable sentence. So how exactly do you do that? Read More

7 Reasons You Should Speak Without Using Notes

So why should you learn to speak without using notes? Because you can. And because it will make you far more effective. Read More

Ten Reasons Preaching Scares Me

Anybody who knows me probably knows I love to preach. I so clearly knew God’s calling many years ago that only disobedience would allow me to ignore preaching today. To be candid, though, preaching scares me. Here’s why.... Read More

No comments: