Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:56 — 21.9MB)
On today’s episode, we welcome Mike Harland back to the podcast to discuss a trend we’ve noted before—the disappearance of choirs in the church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- The church choir as we have known it historically is disappearing.
- Church choirs are doing less presentational music and more congregational leadership signing.
- The line between choir and praise team has blurred in many churches.
- The choir ministry should be a disciple-making ministry, not a performance ministry.
- Many churches don’t have choirs because they don’t have someone to lead the choir.
- In the early stages of a church’s life, the entire congregation is the choir.
- The largest choir in every church is the congregation.