Friday, June 10, 2016

On the Net: "What Community Demographics a Pastor Should Know" and More


What Community Demographics a Pastor Should Know [Podcast]

On today’s episode, Thom Rainer and Jonathan Howe cover seven demographics for pastors and church leaders to know about their community. And surprisingly, there are also riveting discussions about table tennis and Nashville geography included in this episode. Listen Now
The links to PerceptGroup.Com and Preaching and Preachers are at the bottom of the page.
The Grounds of Our Justification

At the very heart of the controversy in the sixteenth century was the question of the ground by which God declares anyone righteous in His sight. Read More

7 Warning Signs Your Heart is Growing Hard in Leadership

One of the greatest casualties in leadership is the human heart. Read More

Why Are So Many Christians Bored with the Bible?

Unfortunately, many Christians love the idea of the Bible, but not really the Bible itself. Read More

13 Questions I Would Want to Ask as a Never-Churched Guest in Your Church

I was a fully unchurched, never-attending teenager when I visited a church for the first time. I had all kinds of questions, but I didn’t know whom to ask. Consequently, I sometimes struggled needlessly. Here are some questions I would want to ask as a never-churched person attending church for the first time (though I’d probably keep my questions to myself).... Read More

Scottish Episcopal Church votes in favour of same-sex marriage

The Anglican Church in Scotland has passed a motion that would allow for same sex marriages. Read More

US bishop to clergy: You don't need my permission for same-sex marriages

A US Episcopal Church bishop has given the go-ahead to priests in his diocese to conduct same-sex marriages without asking his permission first. Read More

No comments: