Friday, December 16, 2016

On the Net: "10 Church Growth Myths We've Heard" and More


10 Church Growth Myths We've Heard

Over the years my Lawless Group team has been doing consultations, we’ve heard many commonly held ideas about church that have ultimately proven to be myths. Here are a few of them. Read More

How to Transform a Church From Homogenous to Multiethnic

Over time, the value of humanity must become more important to us than the value of size and homogeneity. Read More

A Great Teacher Can Simplify without Distortion

Mastery of a subject ... requires years of diligent labor and study. But once the teacher has mastered his material, how does he transmit it to his students? Read More

When Should I Leave My Church?

How do you know if you should stay or go? What theological and practical guidelines should be considered before moving to another church? Below you will find a list of considerations, but remember, this is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Search the Scriptures and make wise, biblically informed decisions regarding church membership. Read More

Joseph Did You Know?

“Why was it necessary for Jesus to have an earthly father if He didn’t need a biological father?” Isn’t it conceivable that Mary could have, with the help of family members, raised Jesus without a husband? It was necessary for Joseph to be Jesus’ adopted father for the following reasons.... Read More

Magi, Wise Men, or Kings? It’s Complicated.

Christian tradition finds meaning in each of these mysterious monikers. Read More

17 Quick Business Tips for Pastors

Using the following business principles, which I believe are biblically founded, God blessed our efforts. Read More

Saving the Funeral from an Untimely Death

People today are confused about what funerals are for. How should pastors respond? Read More

The Cosmic Importance of Children’s Sunday School

I’ve often said that I wouldn’t want to have to choose between my seminary education and my childhood years in Sunday school, but if forced I would choose Sunday School each time. Now that’s saying something since I believe so strongly in seminary education, and gave most of my ministry to it. I’d never want to give that up. But as important as theological education was for me, Sunday school was more so. Read More

No comments: