Saturday, April 08, 2017

The Value of a Small Church: Personalized Major League Coaching


Schools, sports and megachurches recognize the value of breaking into smaller groups for learning, coaching and relationships. So why do we devalue it in smaller churches?

I’m taking my family to a bigger church.

I doubt if there’s a small church pastor that hasn’t felt the pain of those words.

I was reminded of that pain while getting re-acquainted with a friend over coffee recently.

My friend is a semi-volunteer staff member at a church that used to be a very-big-verging-on-mega-church, but through a series of bizarre circumstances the church has lost a lot of people and is now a small church in a big building.

Here’s a story he told me about some of the pain their church was experiencing now that it was no longer big. Read More

No comments: