Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Ways to Make Your Sermons More Listenable


While earning my master’s degree in the neuroscience of leadership, I learned some fascinating insights about the brain that can help us pastors lead, speak and live more effectively. To prep you, answer this question: How would people describe my sermons: hard to listen to or easy to listen to?

Take a moment, and stop reading and honestly answer that question for yourself. Whatever your answer, we can all improve our preaching. Below, I’ll share some interesting insights about the brain that can make your sermons easier to listen to.

I’ve also included a short checklist based on neuroscience insight that might help you improve.

But before that checklist, let me give you quick rundown of how the brains of our listeners process the sermons we give. Read More

Related Article
How to Make Your Sermon Stick Past Sunday

Photo Credit: Outreach Magazine

No comments: