Saturday, July 08, 2017

Saturday Lagniappe: "Can Facebook Replace Church" and Much More


Can Facebook Replace Church

During a rally for Facebook users last month, Mark Zuckerberg laid out his dreams for the future of his social media behemoth. Read More

What 9Marks Purists Should Know About Church Planting

I’ve created nine things that 9Marks purists should know, because nine is a holy number! Read More

6 Ways to Make Your Guests Feel Welcome at Church

Here are 6 suggestions to help you get the process of thinking through the first impression of your church. Read More

What Should You Say at an Unbeliever’s Funeral?

The other day I had someone ask me about a funeral that she was going to. She said “This is a funeral for an unbeliever, and I’m trying to think through what to say.” I think that’s a really good question, and an important question for all of us, because we’ve been in this situation. Almost everybody has been in this situation; if you haven’t then you will be in the situation. Read More

4 Ways to Stand Strong Against Spiritual Attacks

If you are encountering spiritual warfare, you may be about to see a strategic breakthrough for the kingdom of God. Read More

5 Honest Struggles Most Church Leaders Don’t Want To Admit

Here are 5 ways ministry leaders struggle in their relationship with God.... Read More

3 Reasons Preachers Shouldn’t Publicly Contradict a Bible Translation

I cringe almost every time I hear a preacher criticize a particular phrase from an English Bible translation in preaching—even and especially those times when I caught myself doing it before I could stop myself. We preachers and Bible teachers would do better not to publicly correct the Bible translations on people’s laps. Here are three reasons why. Read More

5 Tactics for Making Friends in a New Place

So how does one begin making friends in a new place? Here are a few thoughts.... Read More

No comments: