Wednesday, August 09, 2017

3 Essentials For Pastoral Preaching


As of the time of the writing of this article, I have been a preacher of the gospel for 19 years.

That’s half my life, since I started at 19. I’ve preached as a lead pastor for the past 4 years, but a notable shift has taken place in me in the past year. This shift has also been recognized by some in my congregation.

On a recent Sunday, after one of our worship services, someone noted that my preaching had changed in some way (in his opinion for the better), but he couldn’t put his finger on it. After giving some thought to his comment, I sense I know what he was getting at.

I think I’m starting to learn to preach not as a preacher but to preach as a pastor. There’s a world of difference between the two. Read More

No comments: