Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Will Contemporary Worship Kill the Choir?


Will contemporary worship kill the choir?

No.

And I say that with a great deal of confidence. I admit there are styles of music in the modern worship era more suited to choirs than others. I would add that the role of choirs in worship has also been a changing aspect of church practice through the years.

But, I’ll also add that most church leaders would rather influence 60 people than 6 if given the choice. Choirs make sense for a lot of reasons. That’s why our “tag line” for The Red Box (our choral preview club) proudly says that LifeWay Worship Resources is a “Proud Supporter of Choirs Everywhere!”

So, how do I know that choirs in worship will survive?

Simply stated, because choirs were God’s idea – not ours. Read More

No comments: