Saturday, September 30, 2017

3 Shifts to Making Disciples in Chaos


On any given Sunday, we are missing about twenty percent of our congregation.

Someone asked me just the other day, “How large is your church?” I’m sure in a moment like that I’m not the only one is tempted to respond with a figure more representative: “Well, if everyone actually showed up at the same time, which they never do, we’d have X people.”

Do you find it harder to keep up with your people than it once was? I know I do! Sometimes it can be frustrating when you don’t see people for weeks. Additionally, you as a pastor can’t realistically “keep up” with more than 75 people on your own, which makes them hard to effectively shepherd. This reality also makes it much easier than in the past for individuals or even whole families to “fall off the radar” and “out of church.” And the reason is simple. We pastors experience it every day in our work. Life is chaos! We know it because we live it! Read More

No comments: