Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Sam Storm and Chuck Lawless on Christian Meditation, Silence, and Solitude


10 Things You Should Know about Christian Meditation

The word “meditation” has developed something of a bad reputation in certain Christian circles. In this article I want to reclaim it as one of the essential spiritual disciplines for all believers. Read More

8 Reasons to Set Aside Two Hours of Silence and Solitude This Week

In my discipleship class at Southeastern Seminary, I require students each semester to complete a 1-2 hour silence and solitude retreat. I allow them to take their Bible, but no electronics, no music, no noise. They often debate the value of the assignment when I announce it, but they’re grateful when they’ve completed it. Here’s why setting aside this time matters.... Read More

No comments: