Saturday, September 30, 2017

Worship Isn't About Feelings - ADDITIONAL UPDATES


I grew up in the church, and by the time I was a teenager was well acquainted with the concept of a “mountaintop” spiritual experience. If you missed out on this (bless you), then here’s the basic idea.

You go to a retreat. Or a camp. Perhaps a conference, or just some youth bonfire night. Honestly, it’s just best if there’s a bonfire involved. It really adds to the experience. But I digress. At this retreat/camp/conference you spend large quantities of time hearing teaching, praying with others, confessing and repenting, and rededicating your life to the Lord.

By the end of this thing, you can’t believe you ever struggled with sin to begin with. Who could, with such a great Savior to follow?? You’ve broken up with your boyfriend, you’ll never drink again, and TV is a thing of the past. From here on out, it’s all Jesus, all the time. Read More

Related Article:
New: Make Church Announcements Great Again
New: 12 Things That Can Discourage Congregational Singing
New: Strong Congregational Singing: 12 Things To Avoid
New: How Can Believers Cultivate A Culture Of Family Singing? [Video]
The Thing That’s Holding Our Worship Hostage
My grandparents, my mother's parents, both came from families with a culture of family singing. They sung or hummed hymns and gospel songs as they went about their daily chores. Whenever we drove any distance - even to and from the grocery store, they sung. My mother would join in. I did not feel the full impact of this experience until I started attending church again in the 1980s. They had passed on to me their love of church music and of singing.

No comments: