Thursday, October 19, 2017

6 Benefits of Embracing the Fact that You’re a Small Church Pastor

St. Mark's Anglican Church, Benton, Kentucky

If you’re a small church pastor, don’t resist it, embrace it. Then be great at it.

Discovering and embracing the fact that I am a small church pastor was one of the most liberating moments of my life.

It took me years to get there, but once I did… wow! What a relief!

As I’ve outlined in The Grasshopper Myth, I went through a lot of years not willing to admit I was a small church pastor. And I’m not the only one who’s had those feelings.

There are far too many good pastors of great churches who don’t see the beauty in the ministry God has given them because we’re so programmed to push for bigness as a sign of ministry success.

But the world needs lots of healthy small churches and those churches need good pastors.

Since discovering and embracing that truth, I’ve realized many benefits from it.

Here are six of them. Read More

Image: Bella Raj

No comments: