Friday, October 27, 2017

Being A Small Church Pastor Isn’t A Penalty, It’s A Specialty


Pastoring a small church doesn't mean giving up or settling for less. If you embrace it, you can be great at it.

For years I bucked against the idea that I am a small church pastor.

Instead of seeing it as my calling, my heart and my passion, I treated it like it was my penalty for not having the skills to be a big church pastor.

So I consumed every church growth book and devoured all the “10 Reasons Your Church Isn’t Getting Bigger” lists like they were a prescription for a disease. And if the prescription was to grow your church, the disease must be that the church was small. Or so I thought.

But the antidotes didn’t cure anything, because small churches are not a sickness to overcome, a problem to fix, or a theological error to correct. Read More

No comments: