Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Sorry, Pastors – The Growth Of The Church Is Not Up To Us


Preaching the Word, training disciples and ministering to the community may or may not increase the number of people who sit in front of me from Sunday to Sunday.

If the size of my church was up to me, it would have been a lot bigger a long time ago.

After all, like so many of my peers in ministry, I’ve followed all the rules. Preach the Word, train disciples, reach people, remove obstacles, lead and manage it well, and the church will grow. Won’t it?

But then, it doesn’t. Not for most of us.

I know it doesn’t make sense. How can a church be healthy and strong, but not grow numerically? It seems counterintuitive and … I don’t know … wrong somehow.

But that’s reality. A lot of healthy churches don’t grow numerically.

No matter how many right principles we follow, how well we preach and promote it, or how many obstacles to growth we remove, some churches Just. Don’t. Get. Bigger!

Aaaargh! Read More

No comments: