Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The Four C’s of Biblical Leadership


Leadership matters! It matters in the home. It matters in the workplace. It matters on athletic teams and in musical groups. And, of course, leadership matters in the church.

Leadership is such an important issue that there is no end to the writing, selling, and buying of leadership books. In fact, we can even say that this blog is about leadership – helping pastors grow in their leadership of the church. But how should we assess leaders – both present leaders and future leaders? Unfortunately, we (and our churches) assess leaders based on competency and results. Can he “preach”? Is the church “growing”?

Now, before we get into what I’m about to say on leadership, let me offer a disclaimer: I am NO leadership expert (whatever that may be?). However, I have made lots of mistakes from which the Lord has taught me much. Regardless, my thoughts on leadership are not dependent on having enrolled in “the school of pastoral hard knocks.” Instead, my thoughts are dependent on what Scripture itself says about church leadership. And according to Scripture, there are more important qualities to assess in leaders than “competency” and “results.” Allow me to offer, then, some biblical thoughts on leadership assessment and development.

As we assess and evaluate leaders in the church (both present and potential leaders), consider these four C’s of biblical leadership.... Read More

Also See:
5 Things Leaders Need to Give Up

No comments: