Thursday, November 23, 2017

Kevin Campbell and Matt McCullough on Church Planting


Three Things I Would Share With Every Young Church Planter

I occasionally have the opportunity to meet with people who are just starting out on their church planting journey. It is always exciting to see them take this step of faith. The potential for lives to be changed and a community transformed is amazing! Having started a church, I’ve had the privilege to see the good, bad, and ugly of it all. I wouldn’t trade it for anything!

The number one question I’m asked is “what would you tell a young church planter who is just starting out?” Here are three things I would tell every young church planter.... Read More

Church Plants Need Shepherds, Not Entrepreneurs

When I was first assessed as a church planter, people often asked if I thought of myself as an entrepreneurial type. I believe it was a fair question.

...that common question made sense, given my background, because of a common assumption that lies just beneath its surface. I believe we often assume church planting requires more entrepreneurial skills than other pastoral contexts.

Is that a fair assumption? Should church planters be entrepreneurs? Read More

No comments: