Monday, January 08, 2018

The Latest Posts from Carey Nieuwhof


5 Hard Truths About Healthy Church Growth

As you plan ahead for your church, here are 5 hard truths to keep in mind about healthy church growth. The discussion is nuanced at times, but I hope the nuance is worth it in the end. Read More

The 5 Essential Practices Of Leaders Who Multiply Leaders

I believe God put that dream to be a hero within each of us as our way to make a difference and to leave our mark on planet Earth. Read More

5 Things Every Church Leader Should Unlearn In 2018 (If You Want To Stay Relevant)

Unlearning a few things might be one of the best things you can do this year, especially if you want to be able to reach the next generation. Read More
Carey's blog is thought-provoking as usual but I cannot help believe that in his estimation Anglicans like myself are doomed to irrelevance. And I cannot help wonder whether chasing after the latest thing - the latest music, the latest technology, and so on - which Carey sometimes appears to advocate in the pursuit of relevancy is really the answer that he appears to maintain that is. I leave to my readers to decide for themselves whether they find Carey's observations helpful. I have, I must admit, have at times found them to be so. Over the years I have learned a lot from those with whom I do not entirely agree. I do not believe agreement on every matter is necessary to learn from another person.

No comments: