Monday, March 26, 2018

Ten Types of Churches That Need Revitalization


A short list of the main reasons churches decline to a place where they need revitalization.

I care about church revitalization. I have led churches that were successfully revitalized, and I have led churches that ultimately closed. I have researched the process with hundreds of churches, and written books and articles about it. I’m a big church planter guy as well, but most churches are plateaued or in decline, and need to experience revitalization.

There are a number of reasons churches get into a situation where they need a turnaround. Part of leading a successful turnaround is knowing how a church ended up so close to death. Most churches start out with life because there was either a person or a team that had a vision of growing the kingdom of God. They don’t start out with the idea that they will be an insignificant part of their community.

But something happens along the way. I have come up with a short list of the main reasons churches decline to a place where they need revitalization. Read More
Does your church fit one or more of these descriptions?

No comments: