Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Why I Didn’t Sing When I Visited Your Church


It was a joy to finally visit your church a couple of Sundays ago, and to worship with the believers there. You know I’ve been looking forward to it for a long time. Just as you promised, the pastor is an excellent communicator and a man who loves God’s Word. His sermon was deeply challenging and led to some great conversations with my children.

Now, you asked me why it looked like I wasn’t singing. I know that was probably a little awkward, so thought I’d send along a brief explanation. Primarily, it’s because.... Read More
In this post Tim Challies identifies what is a problem in a growing number of churches. I originally posted it in March of last year. I am reposting it because the worship of God in song is not something that others can do for us while we listen to their performance. It is something that we must do ourselves. The real audience at our worship gatherings is God himself and we, his gathered people, are the performers.

No comments: