Friday, April 27, 2018

Leadership Priorities: Five Thoughts on How We Can Lead Better


Being a leader is tiring. When I was pastoring in Buffalo in the early 90s, I was responsible for EVERYTHING. You name it, I did it:

Make the bulletins. Check.

Visit the hospitals and sick. Check.

Preach the message. Check.

Lead worship. Check. (I am still apologizing to Jack Hayford for my rendition of Majesty.)

Looking back, I am reminded that effective leadership is not in all the responsibilities or tasks we have, but rather in how well we develop the processes needed to accomplish them with excellence. We often lose sight of the fact that leadership, at its most basic level, involves the leading of people.

This means that we need to develop priorities in our leadership aimed at being efficient and effective with our time and energy.

I want to outline five ways that pastors, ministry leaders, and Christians as a whole can start to think through their leadership priorities. Read More

No comments: