Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Gospel In Every Sermon


Greg Stier offers three reasons for sharing a clear Gospel message in every sermon.

When I talk about sharing the gospel every week I typically get resistance from senior pastors across the country. I hear excuses like:

“Well the church is for the Christians and not the unchurched.”

“I don’t want my people to get bored with hearing the gospel every week.”

“We have too many elements in our church services already to add another one.”

But I think that behind these lame excuses lurk the real reasons. Reasons like....Read More

Also See:
No Altar Call? No Problem: How to Still Call for a Response in Your Sermon
We cannot assume that even the longtime members of our congregations are converted. A book that I recommend is Rob Smith's Leading Christians Christ: Evangelizing the Church. It offers insight into why so many Anglicans and Episcopalians fall in love with the Church and not the Church's Lord, a problem that is not confined to Anglicans and Episcopalians, and offers several ways a pastor can evangelize his flock, helping churchgoers make to the transition to disciples.

No comments: