Monday, May 07, 2018

The Notes I Have With Me While I Preach


In my last post I responded to a question from a reader regarding how I outline my sermons. This week I want to answer the second part of his question about and what I use for notes while I preach. Here is the original question:

Good morning Lane,

First off want to thank you for all of the work put into the blog and podcasts. I’ve personally found a lot of the content very helpful. I preach on close to a monthly basis and am a volunteer youth leader, so I teach youth on a monthly basis as well. I was interested in learning more about your method of outlining your sermon. I’ve been following a manuscript method because that’s how I’ve learned, however I find I never really stay on it and have a difficult time finding my place afterward. So my question is, what do you find to be the most useful outlining method? What do you take into the pulpit with you? Also, do you have an example of your outline you preach from? Thanks!
Read More

Also See:
My 4 Step Method for Outlining Sermons
So You Think You Can Preach? 6 Steps to Get Started Preaching – Part 1 of 2
So You Think You Can Preach? 6 Steps to Get Started Preaching – Part 2 of 2
How to Preach Without Notes – Part 1 of 2
How to Preach Without Notes – Part 2 of 2

No comments: