Tuesday, June 12, 2018

A Reminder That God's Provisions Doesn't Equal God's Pleasure


You know how you know that you are doing the right thing? If things line up and it seems as if God is providing for you in this season. This was my philosophy and part of how I tried to discern God’s will early on in my walk with Christ. If things came easy and smooth then I figured that was the path of God’s blessing. When I ran into closed doors and difficulty then I figured it was God sovereignly hedging up my way.

You see, I’d always considered God’s provision as a sign of God’s approval. May that was a remnant of my days swallowing the damnable prosperity non-gospel. Or perhaps its from places like Psalm 34:10, “The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.” But then Psalm 95:10 smacked me upside the face:
“For forty years I loathed that generation…” Psalm 95:10
That verse caught my attention. Especially as I thought about how it related to these verses:
For the Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He knows your going through this great wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you. You have lacked nothing. –Dt. 2:7
What? “Lacked nothing”? I thought he loathed them. You mean he is still providing for them and making sure that they “lack nothing”? Weird. God even cared for things like clothes and shoes:
I have led you forty years in the wilderness. Your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandals have not worn off your feet. –Dt. 29:5
Read More

No comments: