Saturday, June 23, 2018

Seven (Hopefully) Helpful Hints after Seven Months of Visiting Churches


I’ve been on the road a bit more than usual. My job as CEO of LifeWay requires that I spend most of my time in Nashville, but I do get out to speak and preach frequently. These past seven months have been unusually heavy travel times for a myriad of reasons, but I have tried to make the most of my trips.

Though I’ve not been a church consultant for several years, I do seem to see churches through consultant’s eyes. That reality has been especially apparent as I visited many churches during the past seven months. So, even if I am the guest preacher, I enter the church grounds as a guest. I drive my own rental car, and I have to find parking and entrances just like everyone else.

So what I have found these past seven months? I could give you a fairly extensive consultation report about the churches, but I prefer to distill my words into just a few helpful hints. Each of these issues clearly needed addressing in most of the churches I visited. Read More

Related Posts
Q: Who is More Important Than Your First-Time Visitors? A: Your Second-Time Visitors!
10 Words of Advice from a First Time Guest
7 Reasons Some Churches Don’t Grow
All four of these articles are taken from the archives of Pastors.Com. They were originally posted within the past five years and offer helpful insights into why first time and second time visitors are not returning to our churches and why our churches' growth may be stalled.

No comments: