Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thursday's Catch: "Want To Reach New People? These 10 Habits Set Your Church Back" and More


Want To Reach New People? These 10 Habits Set Your Church Back

What is the first-time guest experience really like at your church? Read More

6 Things Pastors Do to Kill Church Growth

Over the last 10 years, I’ve had the privilege of consulting with hundreds of churches on leadership development, strategic planning, church construction and church growth. Most of the time, church leaders want to focus on what they should do to grow their church. In reality, the quickest way to get your church unstuck is to STOP doing a few things. Read More

7 Major Warning Signs When Hiring Staff

The hiring process is complicated, it’s honestly a study in human nature. Even done well, you never remove all the risks. But there are certain things you can watch for. Over the course of three decades of hiring experience, I have observed definite patterns and behaviors that either draw me in or drive me away from a potential staff member. Snap judgments and quick opinions are never wise, but there are specific caution flags that I’ve learned that should not be ignored. Read More

Three Pillars of a Strong, Dynamic Ministry

When it comes to leading a strong ministry and building a healthy church, it takes more than solid theology or smart strategy. In fact, it takes a combination of those, plus the Spirit’s leading and empowerment. I think of these three as pillars of a dynamic ministry.... Read More

How to Thrive as a Type-B Pastor

As a single pastor in a small church, there are always lots of things to accomplish: packets for kids camp, outreach planning, Sunday School material to order, and more. All of these things have to be done. I can spend a lot of time trying to make myself be someone that I am not, that Type-A who gets it all done, or I can learn to be the best me I can be. How can someone thrive as a Type-B pastor? Read More

Which Comes First: Repentance or Faith? [Video; Transcript]

In this brief clip from his teaching series The Whole Christ, Sinclair Ferguson addresses the relationship between repentance and faith. Watch Now

No comments: