Saturday, October 27, 2018

6 Ways to Engage Your Neighbors on Halloween


For some Christians, “Halloween” is a dreaded word that can bring up questions and debate.

Is it OK for a Christian to celebrate Halloween?

Should I call it “Reformation Day” in order to make it more acceptable to my evangelical friends?

Should I only attend the “Trunk-or-Treat” at my church?

Should my kids’ costumes resemble only beloved Bible characters?

Putting aside all the differing opinions, Halloween offers an opportunity to engage your neighbors who don’t know Jesus. We can be present and involved with our neighbors in order to build relationships with them.

At this point you may be thinking, OK, what gospel tract should I place in every trick-or-treat bag? Gospel tracts have a time and place, but I would recommend an approach that requires a little more investment.

Halloween is a time when we have the chance to open up our lives to our neighbors, with the hope of open doors for gospel conversations. Here a few steps to consider this Halloween.... Read More

Related Article:
Nine Ways to Get Outside the Christian Bubble

Photo by RawPixel on Unsplash

No comments: