Friday, October 12, 2018

Three Reasons God Says to Forgive Others


"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins” (Matthew 6:14-15 NIV).

It’s possible that you are carrying some deep wounds that you’ve carried for months, maybe even years. When you think about the person who hurt you, it’s still as fresh as if it happened this morning. The pain is still there, and you’re still filled with resentment. You say, “Why in the world should I forgive that person who hurt me so much? You have no idea how much they hurt me. Why should I offer grace to that person?”

Let me offer three reasons for making that choice.... Read More
I thought that this post was timely one due to the noticeable lack of forgiveness that American Christians are manifesting in our time. Animosity toward others appears to have replaced forgiveness of others in the hearts of self-identified followers of Jesus who taught his followers to ask God to forgive them as they forgave others. I have come to believe that we are living in a time of testing in which God is weighing our faithfulness to him as he did the people of Israel.

No comments: