Monday, October 01, 2018

Why Is Evangelism So Hard


How to Overcome the 3 Main Obstacles to Sharing the Good News

My life mission statement is short and easy to remember: To reach the lost and teach the found to reach the lost. Over the past three decades I have led outreach training for leaders from Los Angeles to La Libertad, El Salvador. I have spoken about evangelism to groups from Tauranga, New Zealand to Amsterdam.

This is my calling and passion. It is what I try to do with most of my days and hours, but I have to admit that doing evangelism is still difficult. If I don’t fan the flame and stay attentive to outreach, my heart can grow cold and my evangelistic activity will wane.

We all believe in the Great Commission and most of us are committed to follow this call of Jesus, but it is just plain hard. Momentum gets stalled. Attention gets distracted. We drift off course. The next thing we know, our lives and churches are doing lots for believers and our focus on the lost fades. After encountering thousands of pastors, elders, staff members and church leaders from around the globe, I have seen the same three obstacles to evangelism surface over and over again. Read More

No comments: