Friday, March 01, 2019

Tips From Non-Christians on Sharing Your Faith


While Christians say they want to exude confidence in their conversations with people from other faiths, non-Christians don’t have the same hopes for their talks with Christians.

A Barna study on evangelism found practicing Christians go into faith conversations with different expectations than do non-Christians and lapsed Christians (those who identify as Christians, but haven’t attended church within the past month).

Practicing Christians are most likely to list qualities like being confident in sharing their own perspective (58 percent), exhibiting a vibrant faith of their own (57 percent), and helping others have a spiritual experience of God for themselves (53 percent).

Yet all those attributes are further down the list for non-Christians and lapsed Christians.

Among adults who are not practicing Christians, the most desired trait of a faith conversation partner is someone who listens without judgment. Read More

2 comments:

michaelsei said...

Help! I couldn't follow the link.

Robin G. Jordan said...

I have replaced the link. Let me know if you have further problems. When I checked the link, it was not the URL that I had pasted. I sometime write my own HTML and Blogger changes it for reasons unknown to me. I then must rewrite the HTML. I did a random check of the other links and they are working properly. I also received an alert that someone was operating a storage device when I was checking my posts yesterday. While I am inclined to think that the problem was Blogger rather than I inadvertently posted the wrong URL, I cannot rule out someone hacking my blog.