Thursday, August 02, 2007

A response from Ephraim Radner to criticism upon his resignation from ACN

http://www.kendallharmon.net/t19/index.php/t19/article/4770/#88543

[TitusOneNine] 03 Aug 2007--But my resignation from the ACN itself was a necessary move to make. It simply made no sense – logically, theologically, and morally— for a member of the Covenant Design Group like myself to remain a member of an organization that has, through its chief leader and spokesperson, repudiated the very basis for the work I accepted and accepted willingly and under the Lord. I vowed at my ordination before God to “take my share in the councils of the Church”, and the Covenant process is at the center of these councils within Anglicanism and its Communion at present. There was no question in my mind, when faced with this choice, about which direction I am bound to go. I need to say very clearly, however, that it is not a choice I wanted to make, nor a choice that I wish had been forced upon me. Yet, for all that, I did not seek it out or invent it. Someone else did.

No comments: