Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Do They Have the Guts to Stand Their Ground?

http://gaycharleston.ccpblogs.com/2007/09/24/do-they-have-the-guts-to-stand-their-ground/

[Charleston Gay] 25 Sep 2007--As any living, breathing LGBT person knows, we’re usually hard-pressed to find a church that is going to be open and accepting. And, say we do find a church that is accepting of us as individuals … How will they feel if I bring my girlfriend and heaven forbid, want to hold her hand or put my arm around her? The last thing I want is to walk into a church and feel the glare of many judging eyes. I’ve been there before. And, to be honest, it’s kept me away from Christian churches for substantial amounts of time and made me wonder if there would ever be a place where I could go and be myself … As I believe God created me to be.

No comments: