Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ten Elements of Historic Anglicanism


It is important to begin with two comments:

1) This paper was inspired by something J.I. Packer wrote in 1995

‘Speculating in Anglican Futures’. I have added to it, but Dr Packer must not be blamed for my additions, or the final form this brief paper has taken.

2) I need to define ‘Anglicanism’. You will notice that I qualify it as ‘historic’ Anglicanism. What do I mean? I mean the Anglican way – the way of the Church of England as defined by the three historic documents:

the Book of Common Prayer (1662); the Ordinal (for Bishops, Priests and Deacons); the 39 Articles of Religion. We find the doctrines, beliefs and ethos of historic Anglicanism in these documents.

Let me now turn to these ten elements.

To read more, click here.

2 comments:

Reformation said...

An helpful post.

David.McMillan said...

very nice and how true. Seems sad to see the current nonsense which is passing for historic anglicanism when I see such a good article with foundation.