Saturday, October 12, 2013

Peter Farkas: Surviving Transition from the Second Chair: 10 Tips for Associates During a Change of Senior Pastors


While I was serving as an associate pastor at a church of 150 people in 2005, the senior pastor and church founder announced he was leaving immediately. Through three years of transition with an interim pastor and sometimes no pastor (I got the call several Sunday mornings that the interim pastor was not coming and I needed to present the message) the Lord showed me how to survive the transition. Despite the trials, I am still serving that same church. The congregation is growing again with the guidance of a loving and caring new senior pastor.

It has been said that learning from others’ mistakes is cheaper and easier than making them yourself. With that in mind, I’ve assembled 10 tips to help others successfully navigate church leadership transitions. Keep reading

No comments: