Tuesday, September 02, 2014

10 Leadership Lessons Learned from My Mentor


Joshua had Moses, Elisha had Elijah, and Timothy had Paul. Mentors are invaluable and biblical. The most influential mentor on my life and ministry to date is Dr. Greg Mathis, or as he’s known to his staff and church members, “Preacher Greg.” He’s been the senior pastor at Mud Creek Baptist Church in Hendersonville, NC for 34 years and is my mentor and friend. I’ve served on his staff for almost 15 years with more than 10 of those years being in a full-time ministry capacity. I’ve watched Preacher Greg lead, preach, encourage, teach, and model both integrity and effective ministry in a church that has experienced consistent growth throughout his ministry tenure. I plan to share a two-part series on the lessons I’ve learned from my mentor.

In this part I will focus primarily on some of the leadership lessons he has taught and modeled. In part two on Thursday, I will share some of the lessons I’ve learned from him about preaching and pastoring.

Leadership lessons from my mentor.... Read more

No comments: