Wednesday, September 17, 2014

10 reasons I believe in Jesus Christ - Part 1


“For we walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Driving hundreds of miles to (and from) two funerals of dear friends last week, I spent a lot of time reflecting on this thing of believing in God, serving in ministry, and going confidently into “the valley of the shadow of death.” Deacon James Gatewood and Minister Bill Hardy showed us how it’s done, from their daily faithfulness in good times to the difficult and dark days of suffering.

Our Lord said, “You believe in God; believe also in Me” (John 14:1). The way I read Scripture, He was equating the two.

In my mind, to believe in Jesus is to believe in God, and vice versa. After all, our Lord said, “No one knows me except the Father. And no one knows the Father except the Son (moi!) and they to whom I reveal Him” (Matthew 11:27, my paraphrase)

If you had asked ten years ago why I believe in Jesus, my answers would have been somewhat different. But today, here are my top ten reasons for faith in the risen, living, ever-present, soon-coming Lord Jesus Christ.... Read more

See also
10 reasons I believe in Jesus Christ - Part 2

No comments: