Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Show Us How It’s Done, Church Leader!


“Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity” (I Timothy 4:12).

In attempting something I’ve never seen done, I need to look over the shoulder of someone doing it. I don’t learn how to do hard things just by reading plans.

The Air Force has instructor pilots. They sit beside the student in the cockpit, showing how it’s done, then giving hands-on instruction when the pupil takes the stick.

The educational system has interns who sit in the classrooms of veterans and learn from them. Other occupations have apprentices, associates, and trainees.

Show me.

A word to the pastors and other church leaders among us: Show us how it’s done. Be Exhibit A. Read more

No comments: