Thursday, December 29, 2016

5 Signs That a Path Is Not God's Will for You


About this time last year, my family and I drove to a nearby city that we didn't know very well. My wife and I took turns at the steering wheel throughout the trip. There was one instance when I almost got us in trouble while my wife was driving and I was navigating.

At one point I felt that we were lost but just didn't have the heart to admit it (as do all men, right?). So I tried to look for a way back. I told my wife to take a turn and she hesitantly followed. To our horror, I had led our family into a one-way road with heavy traffic and we were going the wrong direction.

Sometimes we find ourselves in a similar situation: We move so sincerely through seasons, jobs, callings, ministries and relationships, thinking it's God's will, only to realise we were wrong the whole time.

God's will is an important aspect to life. Proverbs 19:21 reminds us, "Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand."

How can we be sure that we're not walking in the wrong calling and are actively pursuing what God has called us to do?

Here are five signs that a path is not God's will for you and that you should get off that route at once. Read More

No comments: