Thursday, March 23, 2017

Thursday's Catch: "How a Vision for Multiplication Changes You and Your Church" and More


How a Vision for Multiplication Changes You and Your Church

A clear vision gives us a filter through which we can run every idea, opportunity and decision. Read More

8 Ways God Works Suffering for Our Good

It is a conviction meant to quiet our minds and encourage our hearts: In some way God has a hand in our suffering. Read More

The Pastor As Navigator

The pastoral role has been described in rich and varied metaphors from the Bible, but a function that I am increasingly drawn to is fromGreek mythology*; that of the navigator sailing people between the monsters Scylla and Charybdis guarding the Straits of Messina. Read More

5 Realities About the Weight of Pastoring

When the apostle Paul listed all his sufferings, he concluded the list with referencing his burden for the churches he served. The weight of pastoring, though filled with immense joy, was a weight that topped Paul’s list of suffering. Read More

Making A Pastoral Apology

I knew I needed to apologize after the moment the words left my mouth. I felt I couldn’t do it quickly enough! Read More

Why Every Pastor Needs a Good Sense of Humor

A good sense of humor is needed in all things, particularly in a body like a church. Read More

3 Famous Bible Verses We Misinterpret

Some of these translation nuances can have a HUGE impact on our understanding of God. Read More

How can I improve my prayer life? [Video]

A Southern Seminary video on prayer. Watch Now

No comments: