Saturday, September 09, 2017

Equipping Your Church to Confidently Share the Gospel


There’s been a lot of conversation among our tribe (Southern Baptists) lately about the state of evangelism in our churches and church plants. I’ve seen some fairly alarming statistics on the number of people who regularly attend church and still feel unequipped to tell others the good news that Jesus died on the cross for their sins, was buried, and God raised Him from the dead. We have lots of evangelistic sermons telling people they should tell others. We run a food pantry so that people can see our light shining on the hill and glorify our Father in heaven. We pray for the lost. All of this is good. But I think the missing ingredient is actual training.

My dad is a football coach so I grew up with the importance of training ingrained in me. He was always training his players to play football on the field and training them to share the gospel off the field. I watched my dad lead many of his players to Christ, and disciple them to be soul-winners. I also grew up in evangelistic churches. I have been trained in Evangelism Explosion, F.A.I.T.H., the Four Spiritual Laws, and many other gospeling methods. To me, sharing our faith and training go hand in hand. My recommendations to any pastor or ministry leader who wants to equip people to confidently share their faith are.... Read More

Related Video and Articles:
3 Circles: Life Conversation Guide [Video]
3 Dot Theology
Ignore Spiritual “Get Rich Quick” Schemes: A Call for Patient Evangelism

Image: LifewayPastors.com/NAMB.com

No comments: