Saturday, September 28, 2013

How to Develop a Short-Term Missions Program for Students


When I first began my role in youth ministry, I didn't understand why our church wasn't following the traditional mission trip model. Instead of one large trip for the entire youth group each summer, kids could choose from several trips based on their age and experience. At first I advocated strongly for a single trip that would bring everyone together for a joint experience. Four years later, I'm eating my words. I've seen the tremendous value of the system I initially wanted to scrap.

Offering trips to several locations allows us to maximize ministry and learning for all students. It also reduces the average price per student, as many trips are close to home. Here are six things I've learned as we've developed our program. Keep reading

No comments: