Saturday, April 12, 2014

Seven Reasons Pastors May Need a Virtual Assistant


Many business persons, particularly small business entrepreneurs, are moving toward engaging virtual assistants as vital components of their enterprises. The more I hear and read about virtual assistants, the more I am convinced that pastors and other church staff may benefit as much as anyone from this practice.

A virtual assistant is not an employee of the church. This person likely lives in another part of the country, or even the world, and carries out specific duties for the pastor. For those pastors and church staff who currently have a great assistant, be thankful! This article is likely not for you.

But many pastors do not have the benefit of either a full-time or part-time assistant. By the way, I distinguish between a secretary and an assistant. I will clarify that issue in the second point below.

As a point of full disclosure, I have never used a virtual assistant. I am blessed to have an incredibly capable assistant who works 50+ hours a week and has a productivity of 80 hours a week. This article is based on the experiences of some people I know personally, and others about whom I have only read. I will mention a couple in this article. For now let’s look at seven reasons a pastor or other church staff member may benefit from a virtual assistant. Keep reading

See also
The Virtual Assistant: a Simple Solution for Overworked Entrepreneurs

No comments: