Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Ten Reasons Some Pastors Don’t Desire to Go to an Established Church


In an earlier article this week, I shared several trends in the employment of pastors. There was some discussion and interest in my comment about established churches having greater difficulty finding pastors who meet their criteria. In this post, I want to open that discussion a bit more.

Please hear me well. I have a heart for the established church. Indeed, I see one of God’s callings in my life to have some influence in the revitalization of established churches. But we can’t begin to address issues until we have honest and transparent discussions. In that light, I offer today some of the reasons pastors have shared with me, explicitly or implicitly, why they don’t see God calling them to established churches. Keep reading

No comments: