Saturday, August 09, 2014

5 Ways to Develop a Great Relationship with Your Senior Pastor


It’s my joy to serve as executive pastor of First Baptist Church in Woodstock, Ga., going on 23 years now. One of the most distinct privileges of this position is the opportunity I have to continually develop a close relationship with my pastor, Dr. Johnny Hunt. He is unquestionably my boss, but other than my wife, he is my best friend and closest confidant.

I am often asked about serving along a lead or senior pastor by executive pastors and other staff ministers. They want to know: What is involved in developing a good relationship with your senior pastor? Does it automatically happen as you serve together? Is it an easy thing to accomplish? Who is more responsible for the outcome, you or the pastor?

Here are some points that have helped make my and Pastor Johnny’s relationship possible.... Read more

No comments: