Wednesday, October 08, 2014

9 Key Guidelines for Staff Meetings


These field-tested principles should work for almost any leadership situation.

The first church where I served as pastor many years ago only had seven regular attending members in the early stages of my ministry there. I still had church staff meetings, even though I had no paid staff, and I was a bi-vocational pastor. At the onset, there were three of us: the lone deacon who served as worship leader; his son, the Sunday school director; and me. We met monthly unless we had a pressing need to meet more often.

I took the principles I learned from the staff meetings of that small church and applied them to future churches where I served as pastor, as well as other places where I had a leadership role. Keep in mind that there is no perfect formula for these meetings. I have, however, found these nine key guidelines to be applicable in almost every leadership situation. Read more

No comments: