Saturday, October 04, 2014

Seven Ways the Pastor’s Family Comes Under Attack


If I were to devise a scheme to destroy churches, I would find ways to attack the pastor. And as I found ways to attack the pastor, I would see his family as the area of greatest vulnerability.

Attack the church by attacking the pastor. Attack the pastor by attacking his family.

Perhaps the “attack” metaphor makes you feel uncomfortable. The Bible, however, clearly uses the imagery of battle to describe the challenges and issues we face due to the presence of Satan and his evil hoards: “For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens” (Ephesians 6:12, HCSB).

Families are under attack. Pastors’ families, in particular, are under attack. Here are seven ways I see this battle unfolding. Read more

No comments: