Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What's become of Christian hospitality?


I wish I could remember the name of the brother who greeted me and my family when we worshipped with Shadow Hills Church in Las Vegas.

Many years later, I keenly remember the warm, enthusiastic way he took us under his care to find the worship center, receive bulletins and meet a few others before the musicians signaled the beginning of the service. Most surprising was his enthusiastic offer, "Can you join my family for dinner after worship?"

I am certain it was apparent that we were just tourists and a family already practicing the faith, yet he still gave us the best welcome I have ever received from a church. I think of him often. He lived Christian hospitality.

Here's the question: "What's become of Christian hospitality?" Before you dismiss the question with the usual, "Times have changed," "We're all too busy," "We've become impersonal," or "It's not safe to bring strangers into your home," consider that hospitality is a command from God's Word.... Read more

No comments: